Saturday, March 19, 2011

Need Coffee...Really kinda grumpy today... (October 9, 2010)

* We are currently hiring in our office and every day I’m even more astounded by the professionalism shown by our applicants in this time of recession.As amazed as I was by the “shooting stars” we have attracted, I felt it wrong to keep it all to myself so I have chosen to share. I like to call this the: APPLICANT OF THE WEEK portion of my blog….

APPLICANT OF THE WEEK:

Women calls office to ask if we are the ones who put the “anonymous” add in the paper. I do not confirm that we are, just tell her it’s very important that she follow the instructions and fax her resume to the number listed. In mid-sentence she hangs up on me. Two hours later, woman shows up with resume folded in half twice. Upon opening, I realize resume was printed off in 2007 and her address as well past employment information has been crossed off and corrected with black pen. Classy. Needless to say, this resume is moving to the top of my list.

* I had to call tech support on Friday concerning our new software. After a few moments of silence, the tech guy says “This reminds me of the Grateful Dead. Please don’t tell anyone I said that.” I don’t really know what this meant, but I pretended that I did.

* The same creepy man that tried to color on my leg told me that I have no life. Whether or not this is true, I still think it was incredibly rude and I’m pretty sure next time he crosses me, I’m going to karate chop him.

* My best friends boyfriend is releasing a song on myspace tomorrow night. He asked me to give everyone a heads up. I told him that if I didn, it wouldn’t be nice because my blog usually isn’t and I haven’t had any coffee today. He said he didn’t care. Any publicity is good publicity. Sooooo…. http://www.myspace.com/one4all77.com. There’s a 22% chance it won’t be any good at all.

Ok, well….have a great weekend.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment