Saturday, March 19, 2011

St Patty Day Ramblings.... (March 19, 2011)

  • Yesterday our back office smelled like beef broth and sharpies all day. I didn’t like that.
  • I’m really kinda cranky and if anyone else mentions that I did not wear green today, I’m fairly certain that I will, in fact, karate chop them. That’s actually not true because I’m entirely too concerned with what other people think of me to do anything so unacceptable in our current society.
  • After years of bartering for chocolate, I’ve finally reached my lifelong goal of attaining a lifetime supply of it. While this is, needless to say, very exciting…it has evolved into a bit of a problem. What does a girl ask for when she’s gained all the chocolate she could ever hope for? I’ve decided to move on to soup.
    I have to stop using bullet points now because something is wrong with wordpress and it keeps inserting weird phrases that I don’t understand.

    *insert bullet point here* I’ve decided to be a grown up and move out of my parent’s basement and into a hotel room. Needless to say, this is really exciting. And until today, it all just seemed like a dream but this afternoon I bought sheets that match my computer chair perfectly and it suddenly became very real.
    *insert bullet point here* I will have been back in Michigan for three whole months as of April 1st and I still have yet to find a friend. I think I’m going to make everyone at the hotel healthy cookies and leave them in the kitchen with a note that says “be my friend and there’s more where this came from.”
    *insert bullet point here* I really have no problem bribing people to be my friends. I bribe kids into liking me with stickers at work all the time and so far my pride hasn’t suffered a bit.
    *insert bullet point here* I was helping my mom make cinnamon rolls tonight but I got distracted halfway through the process and didn’t actually finish them. I’m about 63.5% sure, though, that I’m going to post a picture and take complete credit for it. Mostly because I’ve heard that baking makes you more appealing to the opposite sex.
    *insert bullet point here* EMERGENCY: I just found a yellow post-it in my pocket that says “We have a system- Go around!” It was obviously a note for me to blog on at a later date but I have absolutely no recollection of what it may mean.
    *insert bullet point here* As of today I was 2,352 miles over for an oil change. I’ve been putting it off because I have a phobia of driving over those pits of hell to get it changed. Today I talked my mom into driving it for me (pretending it was actually her car) but when they directed her to roll down the window so they could talk to us, she couldn’t find the right button and I had to lean over and do it myself. It was at that point that I knew that they knew and I could see the judgement in their eyes. Curses on you car guys…with your judging eyes!

    These are the really amazing cinnamon rolls I made from scratch.
    That is all.
    Have the BEST weekend ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment